How to use Argan oil on my face?
You can use Argan oil:
- Alone or in combination with your favorite moisturizer
- As a make-up base in the day time
- As a vitamin-E-intense-repair treatment during the night
You can apply Argan oil easily:
- Cleanse your skin properly with a gentle cleanser
- Apply 1-2 drops of Argan oil on your palm
- Use a fingertip to pick up a small amount at a time
- Apply in gentle circular movements to face, neck and décolleté
- Focus on wrinkle prone areas
- Allow 1-3 minutes for skin to absorb
- Apply makeup as usual
- Repeat in the evening before going to bed for glowing skin the next morning
Can I use Argan oil for my DRY SKIN?
Argan oil provides intense hydration while soothing red patches, itching, and flakiness. Over time it helps balance under-production of sebum, which is a typical disorder for dry skin. Sebum is the natural oil our skin produces to keep itself moist and healthy.
To achieve the desired results, please follow these steps:
- Avoid using harsh soaps to clean your face. Use a fragrance-free gentle cleanser with pure and natural ingredients.
- Avoid rubbing your skin hard with towels. Just pat it gently until damp and apply Argan oil while skin is still moist. The oil will seal the moisture still on your skin keeping it hydrated for a long time
- Do not go light on Argan oil. Dry skin requires extra moisture and frequent applications
- Avoid using moisturizers that contain perfumes, chemicals, or alcohols
- Dry air is one of the most common causes of dry skin. Make sure to apply Argan oil more than twice a day if you are constantly exposed to cold air conditioning or dry heat generated by your furnace
- Avoid long hot showers and baths. They will wash away the natural oils that protect your skin, making it even drier. Limit your showers to a few minutes using mild-temperature water
Argan oil for ACNE
Acne products tend to dry skin causing it to produce more oil, aka sebum, to compensate for its lack of moisture. Excess oil and dead skin cells block pores causing skin inflammation and pimples.
Argan oil restores skin’s moisture reducing its need to produce excess oil.
Due to its high contents of anti–inflammatory components such as anti-oxidants and vitamin E, Argan oil soothes inflammation and blemishes naturally.
Argan oil has helped heal acne completely in many individuals. Others have enjoyed significant reduction of blemishes, flakiness and pimples.
To achieve desired results, please follow these steps:
- Do not over-wash your face, although it is tempting. Over- washing may irritate your skin and dry it out, causing it to produce more oil
- Exfoliate 3 times a week to work away dead skin particles and excess sebum. Opt for a gentle exfoliator without large granules to avoid further irritation of inflamed skin
- Moisturize your skin thoroughly with Argan oil while still damp
Please note: It is important to purify pores and prepare your skin to receive full benefits of Argan oil prior to applying it. Argan oil will absorb more intensely if blocking impurities are removed.
Will Argan oil cause acne breakouts?
While Argan oil might not heal acne in some individuals, it should not cause new breakouts or exacerbate existing ones.
The most common reasons for breakouts are:
- Severe nut allergies. We recommend conducting a skin patch test prior to use
- Poor quality, diluted, infected with bacteria, or rancid Argan oil
Please note: many individuals with nut allergies are using Argan oil successfully. Nut allergies do not necessarily cause breakouts from Argan oil. So it is worth conducting a skin patch test to see.
Please remember: Argan oil is versatile. If it is not a fit for your face, you can use it on your hair, hands, body, and feet.
Eczema & Psoriasis Treatment
There’s been quite a bit of buzz lately about the skin benefits of Argan oil and how it can effectively treat and help minimize the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis. Argan oil is made from the Argan tree only found in the southwest part of Morocco and until recently has been very rare. It has been known for its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and has been said to have very distinct benefits for the skin.
Argan Oil for Eczema And Psoriasis Treatment
Since Argan oil is known as an anti-inflammatory, its immediate benefit on psoriasis would be reducing the red patches found on the skin as well as reducing the chance for future breakouts since the skin is often made softer without clogging skin pores like many creams and ointments often do. Its anti-bacterial properties would also reduce the chance of infection from those suffering from eczema or psoriasis since the breakouts and flaky skin patches often do not heal well on their own and can become inflamed and infected. Argan oil also has very high concentrations of vitamin E which helps keep skin healthy and promote new skin growth. This reduces not only the dry flaky skin effect of eczema but also keep psoriasis breakouts at bay.
When choosing a product made from Argan oil, be sure to choose an all natural product that is free from other chemicals which can not only reduce the healing effects on the skin, they can often make some problems worse. Be sure the product you are buying contains 100% Argan oil to ensure the best benefit possible.
Can I use Argan oil for my SENSITIVE SKIN?
The last thing sensitive skin needs are products loaded with chemicals, fragrances, and alcohols.
Argan oil is 100% natural. It does not contain any harsh chemicals that might irritate sensitive skin.
Argan oil has proven to be efficient in healing a number of skin disorders associated with sensitive skin such as: acne, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and rosacea.
Argan oil replenishes moisture making sensitive skin more resistant to drying and abrasion. High contents of anti-inflammatory components such as anti-oxidants and vitamin E, calm redness, flare ups, and hives.
To help prevent skin dryness, flakiness, itching, and cracking:
- Avoid fragranced soaps completely
- Opt for soap-free mild cleansers
- Opt for skin care products with only a few ingredients. Argan oil has only one ingredient; Argan oil.
- Use moisturizers that contain generous amounts of Linoleic acid such as Argan oil
- Always do a skin patch test prior to using a new product
Can I use Argan oil for my OILY SKIN?
People with oily skin tend to use moisturizer less often because they believe they do not need it as much. Oily skin is a result of skin’s over-production of sebum to compensate for its lack of moisture.
Sebum is the natural oil our skin produces to waterproof, lubricate, and protect itself against environmental factors.
By providing oily skin with sufficient moisture on a regular basis, it will produce less sebum over the course of time.
Here a few tips:
- Use a gentle exfoliator to work away dead skin cells and excess oils 3 times a week
- Always apply Argan oil on clean damp skin
- Go very light on Argan oil during the day time to avoid undesired shine on your face
- Use a generous amount at night to make sure your skin receives extra moisture
Can I use Argan oil for my COMBINATION SKIN?
People with combination skin tend to have oily forehead and nose, aka as T-zone, and dry cheeks.
Combination skin is often a symptom of a skin condition called Seborrhea. Seborrhea is caused mainly by skin’s overproduction of oil on the face and the scalp.
By replenishing moisture to the skin Argan oil balances skin’s oil production and diminishes the disparities between dry and oily areas.
Please follow the below recommendations:
- Opt for soap-free cleansers without harsh chemicals or alcohols
- Apply Argan oil on moist skin
- Treat oily and dry areas differently by applying Argan oil to dry areas throughout the day
- Apply Argan oil on your scalp and eye brows as well if you suffer from yeast overgrowth, itching, and dandruff in these areas
Can I use Argan oil to reduce STRECH MARKS and SCARS?
Stretch marks are formed when skin is stretched beyond its elasticity limits. This happens often during pregnancy, puberty or because of weight fluctuations.
To prevent the formation of stretch marks it is important to increase skin’s elasticity during these times.
Argan oil is rich in tocopherols and fatty acids such as Linoleic acid. These highly potent components improve cell regeneration and protect our cells from free radicals’ damage. By doing so, they increase our skin’s elasticity making it firm enough to resist excessive stretching. Argan oil also reduces the discoloration of skin caused by stretch marks.
To prevent the risk of stretch marks during puberty, pregnancy or weight loss diets please follow these steps:
- Massage Argan oil gently and deeply twice a day into stretch marks prone areas such as: waist, hips, thighs, arms, glutes, breasts, and stomach
- Continue using Argan oil 2-3 months after baby delivery, weight loss, or until your skin has regained its full elasticity
You can also use Argan oil to reduce the appearance of:
- Old stretch marks
- Old tissue scars, acne scars, and chicken pox scars
How to use Argan oil on BODY?
You can use Argan oil alone or in combination with your favorite body lotion by adding a few drops to each application.
- After a bath or a shower, rub a 1-2 drops in your palms to warm the oil up
- Apply to damp, still moist skin
- Apply Argan oil to entire body including feet and hands
- Gently massage until absorbed
- Enjoy your smooth soft skin!
Argan oil to prevent signs of aging:
Antioxidants have many functions. It is almost an all-in-one solution for any imaginable skin problem caused by bacteria or free radicals. Aging is actually a natural process suffered by everyone. Naturally, signs of aging occur in middle-aged people, but the condition may appear earlier than expected. There are various factors that affect or trigger such signs for example lifestyle and psychological conditions.
The combination of EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids) and tocopherol (similar to vitamin E) creates an effective antioxidant compound that effectively helps to combat free radicals and various causes of cell damage. Bacteria, damaged cells, and harmful substances from the environment may trigger early signs of aging. Argan oil can naturally get rid of those causes and maintain skin health condition.